If you’ve been using Sticky Notes in Windows 10 and it suddenly crashes, one way to start troubleshooting is to restart your computer and let Windows check for pending updates and install them.
In most cases, Windows 10 Sticky Notes crashes are caused by a corrupted system file. Application crashes are mostly caused by corrupted files or an outdated version. You can check it in the Windows Store for a new application update and install it if necessary.
However, in some situations, none of these quick fixes will yield the desired results. For this reason, in this article we are going to present some other solutions that you can use to solve the problem.
Reset Sticky Notes
The first thing to do is to reset sticky notes and see. To reset Windows 10 Sticky Notes, go to Settings > Applications > Sticky Notes > Advanced Settings. Click the reset button. The app will be reset to its default settings and all app data will also be deleted.
Check to see if this helps. If not, move on to the next suggestion.
Disable Insights feature
With Insights in Windows 10, you can create Cortana reminders from your stickers, which you can access on all Cortana-enabled Windows devices. However, some have reported that Insights is the cause of this problem. You can then disable Insights and see if that helps.
To do this, open Sticky Notes, click the three dot button and select List of Notes. You will now have another window with a settings button. Click here. You should then get a switch labeled “Activate Statistics.” Make sure this option is turned off. When it is on, click the button to turn it off.
Repair Sticky Notes
Fixing sticky notes is your best option if you want to solve the problem without losing notes.
- Press the Windows + I key to open the settings window. Click “Applications.”
- In the Settings window, click “Applications and Features” in the Settings pane on the left.
- Now scroll to the right in the Settings window and type “note” in the search box.
Notes will appear in the search results.
- Click Sticky Notes to select it, then click Advanced Options.
- In the Sticky Notes settings window, scroll down and click Restore to fix Sticky Notes.
Wait a while, this process will only take a minute.
Close the settings window.
Open Sticky Notes and try creating a new note. If the problem continues to bother you, move on to the next solution.
Update Sticky Notes
- Open the Windows Store and click Downloads and Updates.
- You can check for new updates and update all applications with a single click. Check Sticky Notes for updates. I suggest that you update all applications as most updates include fixes for bugs and security vulnerabilities.
- If there is no update, we should move on to the next solution.
Run the troubleshooter
- Microsoft provides a Windows 10 troubleshooter that you can use to check Windows’ built-in apps for irregularities. Open settings and look for the troubleshooter. If you see “Find and fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store in the drop-down list,” select it.
- Click the “Advanced” option and select “Apply repair automatically.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and see if the problem with sticky notes not working in Windows 10 is resolved.